Ribbon Cutting for the Albany County Rail Trail from Albany to Delmar – Mon, 5/23, 10:30 AM
- May 23
- 10:30 am
- Where? – On the trail at Stewart’s, 309 Delaware Ave. Delmar.
Albany County will hold a ribbon cutting and celebration of the completion of the latest phase of the Albany County Helderberg Hudson Rail Trail. County Executive McCoy, Bethlehem Town Supervisor Clarkson, and Executive Director of the Mohawk Hudson Land Conservancy King will mark the opening of the three-mile trail between Delmar and South Pearl St.
- There is a cooperative effort to pave the four miles of trail from Adams St. to Firefighters’ Park in Slingerlands to be completed this year. The Delmar-Voorheesville portion is scheduled for 2017.
- At the other end of the trail in Albany, under city contract, Alta Planning + Design are conducting a feasibility/design study of this critical 1.3-mile connection between the S. Pearl trailhead and the Corning Riverfront Park/Albany waterfront. See the preferred route here.
$5,000,000 Project at the Waterfront
South End Bikeway inkHook up your canoe or kayak trailer to your 10 speed and get ready for fun on the road and water on your way to the new Springer’s Marina on southern Broadway in Albany. The Marina is a key attraction of the proposed South End Bikeway ink.
Here are a couple construction shots of the newest amenity for our waterfront …
- New boat storage/shop taken from Broadway
- Hudson in the background – south end of marina
- North end of marina with dock/boat slip segments ready to “launch”
South end of marina
North end of marina
Erie Canal Trail Count -1
Erie Canal Trail Count -2
- Erie Canal Trail Count -3
- Great ridin’ . . .
Through the park . . .
Gotta helmet, gotta bike . . .
Around the Pond . . .
Brick’s Barber Shop
Pushin’ PBLs with Mirim Going to Portland ME
Through the Park
Safer on the Sidewalk
Cruising in the Park
Secured at Healthy on Lark
Too Young for the Street?
Out and About
It’s a “walkway” not a “bikeway”
Safe on the Sidewalk
Sittin’ with Kindle