Sign in 12:45 – 1:00 PM, Saturday April 22 at:
Discover Albany Visitor Center, 25 Quackenbush Square, Albany, NY 12207
150 feet north of Broadway / Clinton intersection Map (opens in a new tab)
Thirteen-mile round trip. Mostly flat; one initial hill (Palace Theater to Swan St., 1/3 mile, 5% grade).
Mainly low-traffic streets and bike lanes, based on CapitalNYBikeMap.com
Our 2023 theme: Albany’s water – past, present, future; where it comes from and where it goes.
Informative talks: Albany Pump Station, Bleecker Stadium (former reservoir), UAlbany ETEC, Indian Pond, Buckingham Lake, Washington Park, Lincoln Park.
• Free admission
• Distance: 13 miles; Ride time: 2 and 1/2 hours
• Optional refreshment stop after ride.
• Rain date Sunday April 23
Reservations are not required; but for planning purposes we appreciate if you RSVP to:
firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you’re coming, and how many people are in your group.
• Helmets and signed waiver required
• Minimum age 12; riders under age 18 must be accompanied by adult
• To make sure your bike is in good working order, do an “ABC Quick Check” in advance:
Video One-page printable Quick Check
The Route on Google Maps
1. Visitor Center, Bleeker Stadium, ETEC UAlbany
(Includes 4/10 mile to UAlbany Indian Pond and back; not accessible on Google Maps.)
2. Indian Pond, Buckingham Lake, Washington Park
3. Lincoln Park, Hudson waterfront, Skyway, and return.
Free Parking in the Area
Boat Launch under I-787, at Colonie St. & Water St.
Corning Preserve Playground: Quay St., 7/10 mile north of Dunn Memorial Bridge
The new Albany Skyway bike-pedestrian ramp connects directly from Quay St. to Broadway / Visitor Center area.
To ensure that all riders understand the inherent risks of cycling on public roadways, and for insurance purposes:
all participants must sign a standard League of American Bicyclists waiver form at the ride.
Preview the release and waiver form
Email us at: email@example.com
Earth Day Ride photo gallery
Earth Day 2022, Jennings Landing
Madison Avenue bike lanes
State Museum and Corning Tower
Warren St approaching Radix Center
Corning Preserve bike lanes