Updated 3/29/20 – Please send additional events to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 4/14 – Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee – Capital District Transportation Committee – 4/14, Tue, 9:00 AM, One Park Place Albany – http://www.cdtcmpo.org/
- 4/26 – ABC Meeting – May use teleconferencing if COVID-19 virus restrictions are in force.
- POSTPONED – Earth Day Ride 2020 – Start and return at Washington Park Lake House. Sat, TBA, 1:00 PM.
- POSTPONED – Northern Blvd.-Patroon Creek-Hudson Ride– Meet at Memorial Hospital. TBA
- POSTPONED – Demonstration Ride on New Scotland Ave – TBA Depart at 8:50 AM. Meet 8:30 AM – 8:45 AM, Capital Hills Golf Course parking lot, end of O’Neil Rd., Albany (off New Scotland). Rain date – TBA. Ride to protest the recommendation of the recent Creighton-Manning Study to install additional parking along New Scotland between Manning and Whitehall instead of bicycle lanes. While few cars park on this road section, it is a core bike route for Albany cyclists. We encourage anyone sharing our concerns to email or write the Mayor (email@example.com) or their Councilperson. E-mail addresses for Councilpersons can be found at – https://www.albanyny.gov/Government/AlbanyNewYorkCityDirectory.aspx#Header8. Is New Scotland Ave. “bicycle friendly?” Are recent changes and proposed changes making it better or worse? Join other concerned cyclists on a ride toward downtown on this core route for Albany Cyclists. Contact – firstname.lastname@example.org
5/1-31 – Bike Month
- 5/9 – Troy Bike Rescue Bike Fest – Sat. Details to follow. https://troybikerescue.com/
- 5/12 – Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee – Capital District Transportation Committee – 4/14, Tue, 9:00 AM, One Park Place Albany – http://www.cdtcmpo.org/
- 5/16 – Albany Rural Cemetery Casual Bike Ride – Postponed
- 5/16 – Bethlehem Walk and Roll Event
- 5/20 – Ride of Silence
- 5/28 – ABC Meeting
- 6/5 – Bike to Work
- 5/20 – Ride of Silence 2020 – 18th Anniversary Year – Wed. 5/20, 2020, – 6:00 and 6:30 PM Two starting/end points – Albany Riverfront Park/Row Center (Colonie St.) 6:00 or NYS Education Building (Washington Ave. across from Capital Park) 6:30. – The Albany Bicycle Coalition, Inc. has conducted the New York State Capital District Ride of Silence since 2007. This ride commemorates those who were killed or injured while riding their bicycles. The ride reminds all road users to be careful and considerate of their fellow travelers. Each year, we are re-encouraged to continue by the heart-felt comments by family members of a person on a bicycle killed on the road. Our ride visits the ghost bike sites in the area and culminates with a reading of all the deceased riders. http://www.rideofsilence.org/main.php
- 5/28 – ABC Meeting – Thr, 7:00 PM, LaSalle School, George E. Hanner Center, 391 Western Ave., Albany. https://albanybicyclecoalition.com/
- 6/5 – Bike to Work Day Challenge – Fri, 6/5, 7:30 to 9:30 AM. Contact: Rima Shamieh, Rshamieh@cdtcmpo.org, Capital District Transportation Committee, 518-458-2161, https://www.cdtcmpo.org/index.php ABC to host table on the MHBHT at Lions Park.
- 6/6 – Village of Colonie Bicycle Day and Family Fest – Details to follow. CONTACT: email@example.com
- 7/12-19 – Ride the Erie Canalway Trail – https://www.timesunion.com/local/article/Plan-ahead-14986477.php Registration is open for Parks & Trails New York’s 22nd annual Cycle the Erie Canal tour, 7/12-19. With a little prep, you too can realize the dream of a lifetime on this the eight-day, 400-mile recreational bicycle tour from Buffalo to Albany. Parks & Trails New York has been doing this for 22 years, so you’ll be in good hands. For pics and info, see https://www.ptny.org/cycle-the-erie-canal/annual-bike-tour Don’t miss this year’s ride – you’ll be one year older in 2021.
9/12 – Champlain Canal Trail Halfmoon Bike Tour – Sat, 9:30 AM start. 3:00 PM end (approx.) Details to follow: Contact: John Mitchell, NYMitch@nycap.rr.com