Here are a variety of maps marking major bicycle routes and paths in the Albany area.
Capital District Projects and Documents
Ghost Bike Update
Local Bicycle Advocacy Organizations
- Albany Bicycle Coalition – https://albanybicyclecoalition.com/
- BikeToga – (Saratoga Springs) Home – Bikeatoga
- Cycle Schenectady – Cycle Schenectady – Home | Facebook
- Transport Troy – https://www.transporttroy.com/
Albany Bicycle Coalition – Celebrating 17 Years ~ 2004 – 2021.
Promotes cycling in the capital region. Advocates for cyclists.
Meets last Thursday of the month, LaSalle School, Albany.
CDPHP Cycle! BikeShare – BikeShare in the Capital Region
New York Bicycling Coalition – Advocates for pro-bicycle policies. Monitors legislation at the local, state, and federal levels. Educate legislators on bicycle issues and the benefits of cycling.
P.O. Box 8868 Albany 12208. Tel. (518) 436-0889
Parks & Trails New York – Statewide advocate for parks and trails to improve our health, economy, and quality of life through the use and enjoyment of green space.
29 Elk Street, Albany 12207. Tel. (518) 434-1583
Capital Coexist – Education campaign for cyclists and motorists safely coexisting on the road. Responds to the need for bicycle education and safety information.
One Park Place (off Wolf Rd.), Albany 12205. Tel. (518) 458-2161
League of American Bicyclists – Promotes bicycling for fun, fitness, and transportation. Advocacy and education for a bicycle-friendly America. Represents 57 million cyclists with 300,000 members – 25,000 individuals and 700 affiliated organizations.
1612 K Street NW, Suite 510, Washington, DC 20006. Tel. (202) 621-5441 (Membership)
Mohawk Hudson Cycling Club
Road rides for beginning through experienced riders within 80-mile radius of Albany-Troy-Schenectady. See web site for rides by date, location, pace, and contact information. 700+ members in the area.
- CDTA Bikeable Bus Take your bicycle to new places. All CDTA busses have carriers for two bicycles. Visit the site for instructions or attend a CDTA demonstration at a community event. 110 Watervliet Avenue, Albany 12206. Tel. (518) 482-8822.
- Friends of the Rail Trail/Albany County Helderberg-Hudson Rail Trail Connect communities from Voorheesville to the Port of Albany with the South End Bikeway Link to the Mohawk-Hudson Bike-Hike Trail and Erie Canalway Trail.
- warmshowers.org – Free worldwide hospitality exchange for touring cyclists. People willing to have touring cyclists stay with them sign up and provide contact information.