The Albany Bicycle Coalition advocates for bicycling in the Capital Region of NY State.
- Bicycling . . .
- is the most energy-efficient, environmentally-friendly form of transportation yet devised;
- promotes health and fitness;
- provides family-friendly recreational opportunities, and fosters tourism;
- is a cost-effective means of transportation for persons with limited income.
- We advocate for:
- more and better bicycle infrastructure (bike lanes, multi-use paths, bike racks, signage);
- complete streets for all users (bicyclists, pedestrians, and the disabled, in addition to motor vehicles);
- legislation to improve safety and legal rights for bicyclists and pedestrians.
Albany Bicycle Coalition was founded in 2004, and is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation.
Keep Up With Bicycling in Albany – To keep up to date with our group as well as bicycling events in Albany and the surrounding area, join our mailing list.
Public Meetings – The Albany Bicycling Coalition holds every month to which all are welcome. We meet on the last Thursday of each month at 7:00 PM at LaSalle School – George E. Hanner Center, 391 Western Ave., Albany, NY 12203.
Fundraising – In these unprecedented times, ABC needs your support. Read our fundraising letter for summer 2020 for ways to help us; then use the About donations button at top-right. Thank you.