~ Albany Bicycle Coalition ~ Promoting Cycling in the Capital Region Since 2004 ~
ADVOCACY & VOLUNTEERISM
- Protected Bicycle Lanes/Madison Avenue Traffic Calming – As a founding member of the Protected Bicycle Lane Coalition, promoted protected lanes.
- South End Bikeway Link – Develop and promote a protected bicycle link between the new Albany County Helderberg-Hudson Rail Trail and the Albany waterfront/Mohawk-Hudson Bike-Hike Trail.
- Close the Gap in the Erie Canalway Trail – Helped take 100s of postcards to Governor’s office (8/22/14)
- Albany Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee – Represented and advised on bicycle issues.
- Albany Police Department Traffic Safety Committee – Represented and advised on bicycle issues on the Education, Enforcement, and Engineering Subcommittees.
- Livingston Avenue Bridge Coalition – Promoted reopening of walking and cycling pathway over the Hudson River railroad bridge.
- Capital District Transportation Committee/Bicycle and Pedestrian Committee – Regularly involved in promotion, public policy, and planning activities.
- Albany Common Council – Advocated on various issues, including Protected Bicycle Lanes, Madison Avenue Traffic Calming, Complete Street Ordinance, and Albany Medical Center Hospital Garage.
- Delaware Area Neighborhood Association/PAL Neighborhood Bicycle Rodeo – Check and tuned up bicycles for youth and adults (6/22/14)
- Pine Hills Neighborhood Student/Resident Block Party – Hosted exhibit booth on ABC and Protected Bicycle Lanes. (9/14/14)
- Transport Troy – Supported Troy group advocating for sustainable transportation and bicycle routes.
- Bike Count – Provided staff for the City of Albany’s twice-yearly count of people on bicycles
- Upper Madison Street Fair – Promoted cycling and Protected Bicycle Lanes (9/21/14)
EVENTS & RIDES
- Bicycle Expo 2014 – Held 4th annual Bicycle Expo in Washington Park. 500 attendees, 35 vendors, 40 raffle prizes. (5th annual event to be held May 3, 2015.)
- Keys to the City Hill Climb – Held the first “Keys to the City Climb” in Lincoln Park area (9/6/14).
- Cranksgiving Ride – Participated in annual food drive ride (11/22/14).
- Daily Grind-to-Daily Grind Ride – Hosted the 7th annual sponsored ride between Albany and Troy coffee shops (8/16/14).
- Earth Day Bicycle Ride – Promoted cycling and environmental awareness in the city (4/22/14).
- Holiday Lights in the Park Ride – Promoted and participated in charity ride through the lights.
- Introduction to Cycling – Conducted workshop for NYS Tax and Finance agency staff.
- Ride of Silence – Sponsored annual, national ride to honor those on bicycles killed in crashes. (5/21/14)
- Monthly ABC Meetings – Open to the public, last Thursday of every month, LaSalle School.
- Capital Cyclists MeetUp – Manage this service to promote rides and bicycle-related events. Currently 270+ members. http://www.meetup.com/CapitalCyclists/
- ABC Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/pages/Albany-Bicycle-Coalition/285296490163
- albanybicyclecoalition.com – Website updated regularly with timely BLOG posts.
SPONSORSHIP & AFFILIATIONS