Cargo Bike startup Urban Tribe Cargo Bicycles officially launched their website www.urbantribecargobicycles.com on 7/12/17. Urban Tribe will be building cargo bikes locally in Denton, TX to ship nationwide. The Danish-inspired family cargo bike design is one of the first of its kind to be sold in the United States.
The idea for the business came during a family trip to Copenhagen, Denmark. Commonly known as the Bicycle Capital of the World, where 50 percent of residents commute daily by bicycle on 250 miles of bicycle lanes. Aaron Powell, Urban Tribe founder observed, “Not only were there no SUVs on the road, there were large 3-wheeled cargo bikes everywhere that were transporting children to school, grocery stores, and playgrounds. I knew our family needed to get one when we came back home! We found that no one was selling a bike like this anywhere in the country, so Urban Tribe was born.”
Urban Tribe’s flagship cargo bike model “The Gatherer”, stands out from typical bike trailers and child bicycle seats with the following features:
- Cargo box is in front of the handlebars, allowing parents to talk to their children
- Can carry up to 4 children and 220 pounds
- Equipped with an electric assist motor for with hills and heavy loads.
- Shipped assembled and ready to ride.
On launching the website, Urban Tribe founder Aaron Powell commented: “Our cargo bikes are going to change how the American family travels with their kids. For those living in the city, it is a true car-killer. After months of preparation, I am thrilled to finally show off our bikes to the world!”
- Founded in 2017 to make cargo bicycle for urban families.
- The first batch are in production and are available for pre-order at www.urbantribecargobicycles.com .
- The bikes will be ready to ship, and be available for local pickup in Denton, TX at the end of September 2017.
The Albany Bicycle Coalition provides the above information solely as a service to our members and the public.