The Albany Bicycle Coalition held the Earth Day Ride from 10:30 AM to 1:00 PM on Earth Day – Saturday, 4/22/17. The ride started and ended at the Lake House in Albany’s Washington Park.
For more exciting photos by Bert, go here.
- Riders – 26
- Nice spread of genders and ages.
- Donations for the BikeAlbanyMap – $27.00
- Albany Police Department Bicycle Officers – 6
- Miles – 6
- Highlights of the ride:
- Briefing on the BikeAlbanyMap at the ride start
- Ride protocol briefing by the ride leader
- Use of the BikeAlbanyMap routes for much of the ride
- Orientation on the need for and status of the South End Bikeway Link – at Island Creek Park (where there is neither an island nor a creek – but it’s a hidden Albany gem and a great feature of the South End Bikeway Link )
- Orientation on the Corning Riverfront Park redesign with emphasis on the new green path – at the pedestrian/bicycle bridge
- Glitches – none except for a slight chill in the air.