Anyone who knows me knows that I am really into nutrition. I don’t just like nutrition. I live nutrition. The reasons for this being many, although I am not going to go into them now, when an article like this comes along I have to take notice. This one comes to us from bike hacks and without really reading the article that much I can tell you why they reccomend these foods.
Fish, Eggs, Bananas, Broccoli, Yogurt, Steak
1. Fish: Fish is a great source of protein and contains vitamins that help your body.
2. Eggs: Eggs are a great source of protein that helps build strong muscles. Although I would go with something more in the line of egg whites because you get less fat that way. Plus if you throw some veggies in there you have a nice omelet with all the carbs you need.
3. Bananas: Bananas contain a rich source of potassium which helps relieve muscle ache after a good workout. Personally I don’t like these yellow fruits unless they are in bread form.
4. Broccoli: With broccoli it’s all about the vitamin C. Personally I like a nice orange, and I get my veggies from other places. But hey, that’s just my opinion.
5. Yogurt: This is a nice one because not only does it help with digestion, but it is also a good source of protein. I go with the Greek yogurt mixed with some cereal in the morning for that protein boost that wakes me up before my ride to work.
6. Steak: The nice thing about steak is that it is a very dense protein. This means that it will sit in your stomach longer and you won’t get as hungry. Depending on which cut you go with you can end up getting a lot of fat too.
This list is a good way to start you off on your cycling nutrition. So am I wrong or dead on?