Sign in by 1:00 PM, Saturday April 23 at:
Corning Preserve Boat Launch, Albany NY 12207
Free parking at Water St – Colonie St – Quay St intersection
Directions to Boat Launch (bottom of this page)
Google Maps (opens in a new tab)
Ten-mile round trip; mostly flat; mainly low-traffic streets and bike path; based on CapitalNYBikeMap.com
• Informative talks at: Livingston Avenue Bridge; South End Connector multi-use path; Radix Ecological Sustainability Center; DGS recycling center; warehouse district.
• Optional refreshment stop at end of ride.
• Total time: 2 1/2 hours, 1:00 PM to 3:30 PM.
• Rain date Sunday April 24
• Helmets and waiver required
• Minimum age 12; riders under age 18 must be accompanied by adult
• To make sure your bike is in good working order, do an “ABC Quick Check” in advance:
Video One-page printable Quick Check
The Route on Google Maps (divided into 4 parts for easier viewing)
1. Mohawk Hudson Bike Hike Trail (MHBHT); South End Connector; Radix Center
2. Radix Center; South End Connector; MHBHT to Menands
3. Exit MHBHT using new “Village of Menands Bike Connector,” parallel to entrance ramps, to Broadway (Google Maps not yet updated to show Connector route).
4. Riverview Center; Broadway; Simmons Ln; Erie Blvd; warehouse district
- GPS and Google Maps address: 161 Water Street, Albany, NY 12207
- South on I-787: Use Colonie St. exit; parking lot is 1800 feet, on your left.
- North on I-787: Exit 4. Keep right; follow signs for Colonie St./US 9. Parking lot is 8/10 mile north of Dunn Bridge.
- Dunn Memorial Bridge west: Exit right towards Troy. Keep right; follow signs for Colonie St./US 9. Parking lot is 8/10 mile north of Dunn Bridge.
- Broadway / warehouse district: Use local streets as shown on CapitalNYBikeMap.com
To ensure that all riders understand the inherent risks of cycling on public roadways, and for insurance purposes, all participants must sign a standard League of American Bicyclists waiver form at the ride.
Preview the release and waiver form